preparation: 20min | difficulty:
© 2010 Tony El Batal
serving portion: 4 persons
- 1 large handful washed basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 30g pine nuts
- 60g parmesan, grated
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Using the food processor chop basil, garlic and pine nuts.
- Move this mixture to a bowl; Add the Parmesan and salt.
- Shorten the mixture by pouring the oil gradually and stirring carefully until you get a cream.
- Best accompanied with pasta.
- This sauce also works well with chicken, fish filet and sandwich spread.
- Preparing previous batches of pesto sauce and keeping it in the fridge will allow you to prepare a last minute meal ;).
- You can use double portion of the Parmesan if Pecorino is not available.
- Translated from “La Sante sur la Table”.