preparation: 30 min | cooking: 15 min | difficulty:
© 2010 Tony El Batal
serving portion: 24cm Tart Mold
- 125g semi-salted butter, very soft
- 1 egg + 2 yolks
- 125g sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 250g flour
- 500ml milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 120g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 40g cornstarch
- 175 g blueberries
- 80 g icing sugar
Preparation of the dough
- Place the soft butter and sugar in a bowl, whisk until creamy; Add the egg yolks then stir; Sieve over this mixture flour and baking powder then knead the dough.
- Make a flattened ball, cover it with plastic wrap then place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Preparation of the cream
- In a sauce pan pour the milk and split vanilla bean; Bring to a boil.
- In a bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar then add the cornstarch. Add some of the hot milk and whisk; Then pour into the sauce pan and keep whisking until it boils, whisk constantly the mixture for another 30 seconds until it becomes very thick and it is hard to stir.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap in contact with the cream, so the surface won’t dry.
Preparation of the tart
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator 30 min before use; Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- In a non-adhesive pie dish flatten the dough with your hands until 1 cm thick, spread it until it rises along the edge; Prick all over the pastry bottom with a fork.
- Bake it at 170°C about 15-20 minutes; Remove pie crust from the oven and allow it to cool totally.
- Spread the pastry cream then delicately place the blueberries and garnish with the icing sugar. Bon appetit!