preparation: 10min | cooking: 15min | difficulty:
serving portion: 7-8 persons
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in four
- 4 cloves
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 orange peel
- 2 spice bags / tea bags
- 1.5 L bottle dry red wine
- 100g sugar
- Ground the cinnamon stick and cloves with the food processor; Place 2 tsp of this mixture in a spice bag.
- Cut the peels of orange and lemon into small pieces; Place them in the second spice bag.
- Pour the wine in heavy large saucepan; Add sugar; Add spice bags; Heat it, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Remove spice bags, cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Warm gently before serving and spoon out into a heatproof glass.
- This recipe can be executed in an electric kettle.
- The English translation of glühwein is “glow wine.” The mulled wine got its name because it radiates heat and gives the drinker a glow.
- Glühwein effect and flavor keeps people celebrating.
- Joseph Arayess (My Uncle)