preparation: 30min | difficulty:
serving portion: 8 persons / 21cm springform tin
- 250g plain chocolate biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 250g packet cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp gelatine
- 1/2 cup water
- 300ml thickened cream.
- 250g bittersweet chocolate (orange flavored) bar
- 1 orange slice
- Process biscuits until fine. Add melted butter, mix until combined.
- Press fine biscuits mixture evenly over base of 21cm springform tin.
- Melt the 2/3 of the chocolate bar; Dip 1/2 of the orange in the melted chocolate, then keep aside; For the contour of the cheesecake spread the melted chocolate with a spatula on a tray covered with parchment paper; place in the fridge for 5min; once the chocolate starts to thicken score equal size strips of 2cm width and 4cm height; Decorate the outline of the cheesecake. Attach the strips together from the inside by using the melted chocolate as a glue.
- Beat cheese, sugar and juice in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth and creamy; In a small sauce pan heat the water and sprinkle the gelatine; keep stirring until gelatine dissolves; cool 5 min. Whip cream until soft peaks form, fold into cheese mixture; fold in gelatine mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture.
- Shave 1/3 of the orange chocolate on the top, place the orange you previously prepared.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight until set.
- I would go for mascarpone cream cheese it is buttery and creamy.
- cheesecakes/pavlovas&trifles (Women’s Weekly)