January 8th, 2011 | 7 Comments
Celebrating à la julia’s first anniversary!
preparation: 10 min | difficulty:
© 2011 Tony El Batal
serving portion: 1 person
- 2 shots raspberry liqueur
- 2 shots triple sec
- ice cubes
- 1/2 lime
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 mini candy cane
- Place the sugar in a plate; with the lime cut in half, wet the rim of the martini glass then dip it into the sugar.
- In a shaker, pour the raspberry liqueur, triple sec and splash of lime; Shake it until it’s very cold.
- Finally pour the drink inside the glass and place the mini candy cane. Cheers!
September 3rd, 2010 | 3 Comments
preparation: 30min | cooking: 20min | difficulty:
serving portion: 2 persons
- 75g basic sushi rice, for the recipe click here; 100ml water
- 75g sushi rice cooked with beetroot water; 100ml water of home cooked beetroot
- 75g sushi rice cooked with saffron; 100ml water
- 3 sheets of nori
- Divide the rice into 3 different small sauce pans; adding the above amounts of water accordingly
- For basic sushi rice recipe click here.
- Save the water of cooked beetroot and use it in the basic sushi rice recipe.
- For the last kind of rice also use the same recipe but add some threads of saffron to give the yellow color.
- For the mosaic maki please check the below illustrations; Don’t forget to add the avocado in the center between the 4 pieces; Cut in bites and enjoy the look and taste ;).