I am almost sure that most of the Lebanese have a halawa box in their cupboards. When you are craving for sweet, nothing is better than halawa with Lebanese pita. Thanks to Karim El-Khazen iPhone’s app , I knew that this recipe can be easily done at home!
preparation: 15min | refrigerate: 24 hours | difficulty:
serving portion: 40 to 50 pieces
- 1 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, toasted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Beat the tahini in a bowl until smooth; set aside.
- In the meantime, combine the sugar and water in a pan and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until the mixture reaches 125°C, then add the pistachio and stir to combine.
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually beat the syrup mixture into the tahini, whisking constantly. Continue beating until the mixture begins to set then press the mixture into the base of an oiled cake tin lined with greaseproof paper; Place in the refrigerator and leave to set for 24 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator, take out of the tin and cut into small squares of approx. 2 cm width with a sharp knife whilst still cold.
- LebRecipes