manouché b jibné  Print

• ¼ cup vegetable oil

Mixed Cheese Topping
  • 1/2 cup feta

• 1/2 cup mozzarella

• 1/3 cup cottage cheese

directions

1. Mix the flour, salt, sugar, instant yeast, warm water and oil, knead to obtain soft dough; Leave to rest in a covered bowl for 20 minutes until the dough doubles its size.

2. Divide the dough into 4 equal balls and stretch into circles 2cm thick; Press down with the fingers to make marks on the dough.

3. Preheat the oven to 250°C for at least 10 minutes; Meanwhile mix all three cheese together and spread evenly on the four circles.

4. Arrange on a baking tray and bake for 5-6 minutes until puffy. Prick with a fork in some places to avoid excess puffiness

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “manouché b jibné

1. Simone says:

Ouli …..
    I feel like i wonna go to canada and eat a man2oushe 😛
    Mhhhhh…. ca a l’air DELICIEUX :)

Miss you

2. Julia says:

Lol, thank you very much, the best manouche will be in Lebanon akid :)

3. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by à la Julia and à la Julia, à la Julia. à la Julia said: http://www.alajulia.com/blog/2010/11/23/manouche-b-jibne/ http://fb.me/ECE2wdR6 […]

4. Chaf says:

This is my favorite breakfast and it looks yummi! I’ll try the recipe with my wife and hope it tastes half as good as yours. :)

5. Emilie says:

It looks yummy… I’ll try it for sure :)

6. Marina says:

J’ai essayé ta recette auj vu que j’avais envie de man2oushe faite maison. Après une recherche sur internet je tombe sur ton blog et la photo me fait saliver lol.
    C’est la premiere fois que j’essaie d’en faire! et c’est delicieux yamiiii. akid pas comme au liban mais c’est très proche! moi j’ai mélangé 3akawi avec feta. miam.
    merci!

7. Julia says:

Merci pour votre commentaire, tu as raison rien peut remplacer la man2ouche au liban et specialement ‘3al saj’ :)

8. Cherine says:

I just discovered your blog, happy to find another Lebanese blogger.
    You have a fabulous blog here!!!
    This man’ouche looks mouthwatering!!

9. Julia says:

Thank you very much Cherine, I’m flattered with your comment!

10. Vick says:

Hi Julia,There is lots of Lebanese restaurants in Sydney,If i come across a Lebanese bakery,I always stop and have a manouche,it is just yummy ,and filling…thanks for sharing the recipe ,i will try to bake one tomorrow morning as I am free..

11. Julia says:

Hello Vick, thanks for checking my blog! You just reminded me of this recipe I will prepare too today :) hope you will like it! Sahtein = Bon appetit :)

12. Joyce says:

Juie I was looking for the cheese combination for the cheese man2ouche found it on ur website :) thank you sweety
    keep it up
    mwaaahhhhh

13. Julia says:

Happy to hear from you Joycy! This is the American version of the cheese combination cause it’s hard to find the traditional accawi, and it tastes very good :-) kisses

14. Ziad says:

Thanks for the cheese recipe, I tried it instead of Akawi cheese (the original cheese for manouche) and it was really good. However, you need to wait 1.5 to 2 hours for the dough to enlarge not 20 minutes, and after you split the dough you should wait an extra 20 minutes.

15. mirella says:

Thank you Julia for this great recipe! I prepared it today and it tastes yummy :) thanks for sharing it!